Rehoboth New Life Ministries
STAY IN TOUCH
Rehoboth New Life believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. Rehoboth New Life has adopted the following Statement of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
1. There is one God, existing eternally in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2. God is Love and He loves all people. It is His desire to reach out to those who are poor, oppressed, widowed, or orphaned and to heal the brokenhearted.
3. The Bible is the infallible Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and contains every answer to man's problems.
4. Man is created in the image of God but separated from God by sin. Without Jesus we cannot have a relationship with God.
5. We can have a personal relationship with God through Salvation, God's free gift to man. It is not a result of what we do, but it is only available through God's unearned favor. By admitting we have sinned and believing in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, and accepting Him as Lord, we can spend eternity with God.
6. We believe in water baptism, as taught and demonstrated by Jesus, as the way for believers to identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
7. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a gift from God. He helps empower the believer to develop the character of Christ and live every day in God's will.
8. God gives all believers spiritual gifts. They are for the strengthening of God's people (the church) and proof of God's existence and power to unbelievers. The gifts of the Spirit are active and relevant today.
9. Sanctification is the ongoing process of allowing God's character to be developed in us.
10. The Bible describes hell as a real place. It is a place of suffering and a place of permanent separation from God for those who die without accepting Christ. God's desire is that no one be separated from Him for eternity, which is why He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to earth.
11. Jesus will return and take all those who have accepted Him as Savior to heaven for eternity.
Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; Hebrews 9:28
12. Divine Healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
13. In The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
14. Marriage is the spiritual, physical, and civil union of one male/man as a husband to one female/woman as the wife in a biblically created and designed sacred, covenant relationship the God ordained purposes of life-long companionship, exclusive heterosexual intimacy, and procreation (the conception, birth, and subsequent raising/training of children).